Listen Up- A Fantastic Friday Challenge!


Fantastic Friday is here again and, as usual. We were pretty awesome this month. We made it through and we rock. 

So spread the word; it's time to celebrate that and look onward and upward into expanded superbity (which I know is not a word).

This Fantastic Friday, the 30-day challenge is to: Listen and Express Yourself.
Photo by Barnabus, Slayer of 3vil



Say What?!
So, of course it makes sense to listen. However, if you're like me, you do that thing where if you've said "what" once or twice, too bad, you don't get to know. Or you laugh at jokes that you're not really listening to, or if something is over your head, you don't always ask. This month, no more.

It's good to listen; we actually know what the other person is trying to tell us, what we're agreeing to, or what we're laughing at. Pretty important stuff. But, sometimes it's tough. So that's half of my thirty day challenge- to try to really listen to what people are saying and, if I can't, to not be in the conversation. 


Seriously. Keep it real. Fishy's onto something.


Tell It Like It Is!
The other half of the challenge is that on top of me listening, I'd like others to listen to me. Not that they generally don't or that I can control other people's behaviour, but one thing I can do is make sure that when I say something, I really say it. If I have something to say, I'll try to say it clearly without ambiguity and if I am uncertain, be clear about that too. Bottom Line: People can't listen to what you don't say, so I'm gonna speak up. 

This is sure to be a communicative and interesting month.


Any thoughts? I'm listening and expressing is awesome. If you like what you heard, don't forget to share, subscribe, or connect with me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.

Live Well, 
Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *