Recommendation: Dance


Every day, have a dance party. 


Lee Celledoni dancing the Jitterbug, 1947, Flickr Commons

Research shows dancing to be, not only good for your body, but also your brain. It's also an exercise that can be varied according to your age, fitness level, ability, and tastes, and is particularly social. Why not have a dance party today?



Go at your own pace, to your beat. 

For and in your own time. Long or short or more or less.

Do it alone or not.

Move your body in any way you want. 

Feel alive. 

I love it. Sometimes I don't have the time to go for a whole dance workout, but I find a few minutes in the morning will always wake me up a bit. A few minutes during the day (even a little chair dancing) will help take care of the 9-5 drudge.

I also try to incorporate it into my time with my loved ones and new friends. It's not only a good workout, but a great community builder. If you're looking to meet new people or check out new moves, there's always a place to go. If you're looking for a silly or romantic activity, you know it can help with that. Plus, you can always find music to suite the mood you're in or want to get into.

If you're stuck for a playlist, check out this one I've put together of some of upbeat tunes.

Let's move it onward and upward. 
Charlotte
--------------------------------------

Update September 2012. 
Next month I'm going to be taking the GROOVEmethod™ Instructor Training Course. 
Find what Groove is and out when and where I'll be offering these awesome dance classes. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *